Chevrolet has established a new performance benchmark with the introduction of the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE – the most track-capable Camaro ever.
According to the company, in preliminary testing, the new ZL1 1LE was 3 seconds faster than the standard ZL1 Coupe around General Motors’ 2.9-mile, 18-turn Milford Road Course test track. Three seconds might not sound a lot to the uninitiated, but’s it’s a huge improvement when we’re talking about track times.
Brembo brakes, including red calipers with the 1LE logo, are also included. Additional standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, Bose premium audio system, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.
The Brutal ZL1 1LE features racing-derived, lightweight Multimatic DSSV® (Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve) dampers front and rear for exceptional wheel and vehicle control.
The front-end ride height is adjustable with the front dampers, which are used with all-new, adjustable camber plates.
The rear stabilizer bar also offers three-way adjustability. All of the components are designed for quick changes at the track for optimal performance and a quick return to street settings when the track day ends. This is the ultimate track-day Camaro.
– LT4 power plant 650HP / 650 TRQ
– Multimatic DSSV (Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve) suspension featuring monotube adjustable-ride-height front strut dampers
– 19×11 and 19×12 wheels
– Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires (305s up front and 325s in the back)
– 6-speed manual
– 3 seconds faster on the Milford proving grounds over the stock ZL1
– Aero, lots of aero, high wing, canards, new front splitter and spoiler
2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE. A track Monster.